Selling A Business
The Montana Group specializes in selling a business valued between $10 million and $50 million. This means our focus is operating businesses with a least $2 million in annual pretax profits located in the United States and Canada. As a business owner you are often times left without an acceptable in-house alternative to selling your business, such as an internal sale or a generational transfer but would like to reap the benefits of their hard work while eliminating the risk and complexities of owning the business.
We typically represent company owners and sell businesses to private equity groups or strategic buyers, those within the industry who need to grow through business acquisitions or business mergers . Since 1991, The Montana Group business brokers have assisted in business sales with an aggregate transaction value exceeding $400 million. These businesses are in the manufacturing, distribution, and service sectors of the economy.
How we help you sell your business:
If you are looking to sell a business, please consider The Montana Group's process of a successful transaction:
- Review and recast (to optimize cash flow) several years of financial statements in order to enhance your
- Properly prepare a detailed memorandum which clearly presents your company
- Source potential purchasers who have a logical interest and sufficient capital when selling your business
- Utilize our many years of experience in selling businesses to negotiate the optimal transaction for you
- Assist in the merger & acquisition due diligence process with the goal of providing minimal disruption to your ongoing business while maximizing the ultimate proceeds to the stockholders
If the timing is not right to sell your company, we certainly respect and understand this. Even if you are not ready to sell your business, we would be pleased to provide our evaluation of your business without charge.
Please keep our contact information on file for future reference.
Through the process of selling a business, we review the necessary financial information and discerning the dynamics and nuances of your business. The Montana Group will provide an indication of your business value based on our 19 years of selling businesses. This service is without charge.
The Montana Group exclusively represents the ownership of a private business by locating, negotiating, and finalizing the business sale. We are only paid our fee upon successful completion of the transaction.