Business Broker / Brokerage Firm
Business brokerage firms act as an intermediary between potential buyers and the seller of a business with the crucial goal of determining the ultimate buyer best suited for the particular business which they are marketing. The business brokers at The Montana Group are committed to assisting you in the involved process of buying and selling a business.
After a seller executes a listing contract, the business broker (Montana Group) will enter into various levels of discussions with potential suitors to determine the most advantageous buyer for their client's business. This decision will be based on an acceptable price, but also on the most beneficial terms available to the seller. To help accomplish this goal of finding potential buyers, an effective business brokerage firm does the following:
- Confidentiality - Brokers have established systems in place geared to protect the confidentiality of a business.
- Appraisals - Most business owners have no idea what their business is worth. The Montana Group's business brokers are trained in business valuation and can help business owners understand the true value that comes from of their hard work, financial risk, and sacrifice.
- Market Knowledge - The Montana Group has an extensive internal database of potential buyers for specific types of businesses. The eventual buyer is often not so obvious at the start of the process.
- Exclusive listing of the business for sale so all effort is in concert with the owner's desire for a successful sale.
- Advertising/marketing the business in whatever level the company owner prefers.
- Being a contact person available to the many initial interested potential buyers to answer any questions about the business and to schedule and attend appointments between the buyer and seller.
- Ensuring buyers are prescreened so that they are financially qualified to buy the business and that their reasons for making the acquisition are such that a closing is likely.
- Negotiating price on behalf of the sellers. The seller's agent based on their many years of experience in the business brokerage business is an invaluable advisor for the seller. Understanding the process puts the business broker in a position to more effectively negotiate on the seller's behalf. Also, when the process develops to the point of needed outside experts (e.g. legal, accounting, and environmental) the established business broker will have a recommendation of those who have shown their needed expertise in prior successful deals.